Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bub Watch!

I am positive that Evolet is pregnant! Just in one night she's bloomed and not like she did before when she was paired with DJ.

She's been moved to the maternity cage tonight and given nesting material. Her mammory tissues seem to be swollen so she may be preparing to produce milk. And she's nesting a little.

My grandmother has bought a new house and is moving, so I will be moving into her previous home. Evolet will not make the trip until we are confident she will not be over stressed. Its only a 20minute drive, but we are taking it safe. Until then, she'll be in the care of my mother while I will visit daily.

We are very excited about this litter. We look forward to seeing their bubs grow and especially to seeing if we end up with downunders, which is very likely!

1 comment:

Rodere Rattery and Rescue said...

Wow, she's huge! Poor thing is heavy as heck. She's sleeping a lot right now and she will need it. From her size I estimate 10 for a head count.

She's nesting so we should see them any time in the next couple of days. Maybe 5 at the most, but I highly doubt it.